I will suggest that prepare all requirements a head of time and arrange the appointment at least 30 days prior to your departure.
- Mandatory Requirements & Supporting Documents – Make a checklist and gather all mandatory requirements and supporting documents. You can download all forms you need, checklist etc at the Embassy/ Consulate website of the country you will be staying at the most and apply for visa. In my case I apply and make appointment at ( vfsglobal ) It will show you what type of visa you must apply, 8 steps how to apply and what you gonna do after submission , where and how to track your application online.
- Round Trip Reservation Tickets – Look for travel agency/operator that can find a best route and make a flight reservation for you. In my case, I pay only 500 pesos and once I decided to book ticket with them, tour operator will less this 500 pesos in my total payment for the plane tickets. Remember that you don’t need to booked and pay for the tickets. One must have a copy of the reservation of the return ticket for the time intended to be travelling.
- Travel Insurance – The travel medical insurance policy is to be secured, covering any medical emergency with hospital care and travel back to ones native country due to medical motives. This health insurance policy has to cover expenses up to 30,000 euros, the sum depending on the residing days, and also it has to be valid in all Schengen countries. They say the health insurance must be purchased before picking up the visa and if your visa is refused you can cancel it but I will suggest you must find insurance company where you can purchase insurance before applying visa & can refund payment once you refused. I will recommend AXA Insurance Company. Click here I purchased online and they immediately email my insurance certificate . Superb hassle free!
When you done with these 3 things , you can now make appointment to embassy for the submission of all you gathered requirements and supporting documents. When applying for the visa you should bear in mind that you have to personally hand the required documents once you’ve made an appointment at the embassy/consulate.
Be neat and clean and make sure you dress presentable & be on time during date of appointment and once you done interview and submit all papers, you can now relax at home and track your application online and pray that your visa application will be approved then wait until courier deliver you passport with visa!
For the complete list of visa fees, please click here. Note that the visa fees must be paid online using a credit or debit card. Aside from the visa fee, VFS will collect a service fee of Php 1, 233 for each visa application. VFS accepts payment in cash at the Norway counter in VFS during your appointment date.
Reminder! Never put any pins or staple your documents or papers together.
- Use colored photo with plain white background.
- The photo must be no more than 6-months old (not used in any visas).
- Not tilted picture (portrait style) showing both edges of face clearly (hair behind ears).
- Close up of the head and top of the shoulders so that the face takes up 70–80% of the photograph.
- Photo in sharp focus and clear.
Reminder!Never staple just paste or glue your picture on application form & bring extra photo during your appointment date.
Approximate processing time is 3-15 working days .
However, case processing time depends on each individual case. Applicants are advised to apply several weeks before their intended journey, but not more than 90 days in advance. I’m luckily approved within 3 days.